For The Strong Dog Guardian - Finally, A Safe, Easy, And Painless Way To Play Tug-Of-War
- Perfect for people with strong dogs who like to play tug-of-war but don’t like having dislocated shoulders.
- Durable polyester Tug is soft on your dog’s mouth and is safer than rope tugs which have easily ingested rope strands.
- 2” wide polypropylene webbing strap has the strength of heavy chain without causing damage to tree bark.
- Super strong marine grade bungee cord eliminates the need for a metal spring.
- “Perfection Loops” tied at the ends of the bungee cord eliminate extra connectors and only become tighter with use.
- Designed to hold up to the most powerful dogs but will still work with dogs of any size.
- Great for people with limited mobility.
- Also works great as a training tool and provides the mental exercise
dogs need at the same time they are getting physical exercise.
- Replacement Tugs and bungee cord sections available for purchase.
- Strap is long enough to wrap around trees up to approximately 94" in circumference.
Tug-of-war is a game that dogs naturally love to play and can be
great exercise. If you have a powerful dog like I do, you know what
happens to your arm and shoulder after a few minutes of playing. Ouch!
Looking for a solution to this problem, I read about something called
a "spring pole". A spring pole involves using a large metal spring to
suspend a rope from an overhead tree branch with a toy hanging from the
end. Then the dog can hang, shake, and tug against the resistance of the
spring. I made one for our high energy pit bull dogs and they loved it.
Unfortunately, I quickly found some serious design flaws that ended up
causing an injury (thankfully minor) to Maxwell, our company mascot.
So I designed the Super Tug, a safer alternative to the spring pole.
It uses a horizontal configuration instead of the vertical one seen with
traditional spring pole designs. It also uses super strong, marine
grade bungee cord instead of a metal spring. The connection points are
designed so that in case of failure, nothing comes flying back towards
These dog toys are made in the USA using components tested for durability, strength, and safety.